Greetings to All!

Welcome to BlackOinkVinylPassion!

This blogsite is primarily about my passion for toys designed by both local and international toy designers. In it I will showcase some of my favourite vinyl toys and my own works. Hope you will enjoy them like I do.

I do not classify myself as a toy designer but more of a toy collector. I have been collecting designer toys for many years and still find them very interesting. In fact back in 2006, I was so inspired by the many individuals who created their own designer toys that they spurred me on giving it a try in making my own. From the initial concept and sketches to the current version of BO9, it has indeed come a long way. I am constantly juggling with time between work, family and interest, and progress is really slow. Besides I have no knowledge in toy-making and so I search the Internet for related topics and information, sending e-mails to overseas suppliers and do my research on processes, tools and equipment, chemicals and tips. However, if I would redo the whole process again, I am sure I can accomplish all in a fraction of the time invested earlier.

Having said that, every project has its own sets of problems and difficulties, project BO9 is no different. From failed moulds to having skin allergies due to chemical contact to falling sick from the lack of sleep and many others. It has been a hell of a frustrating ride, but at the same time, it is also one of my most challenging projects I have embarked on :D Irregardless of all these obstacles, I still believe that all is worth it and hope that you will share the same passion like I do. Anyways, I took up this project just to have fun and also hope to inspire more like-minded people to explore making their own toys. Remember: All things are possible.

So stick around for more updates!

0 comments: