Project Black Beta

BO9's very first custom!


















It is strange how I actually had the spare time for customisation even with tons of other things in the pipeline. Could I have mastered the kung-fu of time management? Ha! Well, so I decided to get my hands dirty again... and created my first BO9 custom.

















I have always wanted to do a Darth Vader custom, and look how oddly cute my version is! Awesome. He will definitely make a worthy addition to my toy collections. I like the final look, the fact that it is not so full of attitude and serious-looking but somewhat very funny is enough to tickle me and my family. I spent a night sculpting the helmet and it turned out really oversized. Love it. The cape is made from a thick plastic sheet, had it cut out and heated over the stove to soften it in order to form the waves. Finally, I added some elements on the body using super Sculpey and here we have, a complete outfit. Ah yes, the light saber (who can forget that?) is made from 5mm acrylic rod with a light source from the handle. Cool.

On top of that, it does resemble you know who (Bxxman)...double the look with just one custom! Double the cool factor :)

















For more on the production stages in making the custom, click on my Flickr banner on the right.

0 comments: